Tekashi 6ix9ine legal troubles are about to grow exponentially.
The controversial rainbow-haired rapper is getting sued by his former booking agent MTA Booking. You can recall that 6ix9ine did an interview last week on The Breakfast Club where he called out the company by name while suggesting that they stole money from him when they book his shows. MTA Booking sent him a cease and desist notice telling him to issue a public apology or face a lawsuit. Tekashi69 has not yet, and now the company is moving forward with a defamation suit.
According to TMZ, MTA says they have been getting death threats, and harassment since Tekashi 6ix9ine made the comments on The Breakfast Club on the morning of November 16th. The Brooklyn rapper told the radio hosts that he is being paid $60,000 per performance after the company coerced him to accept that amount despite his going rate being $100,000.
6ix9ine says he then got suspicious when he noticed that the company deposited $80,000 for the front end even though he was under the impression that he was getting at least twenty grand less. The rapper added that he was then informed that he had signed a 15-shows deal worth $3.6 million, a statement that MTA refuted. Another promoter told him that he would be only making a couple of hundred grand for the run.
Tekashi 6ix9ine currently has $1.7 million in his bank account which he offered up as bail money, but here is the problem, MTA is claiming that $860,000 belong to them for a deposit for his upcoming tour. The booking agency is now asking back for that deposit given his recent arrest which will likely prevent him from touring. 69 is facing a mountain of legal troubles including gun and racketeering charges that could send him to prison for life.
His bail hearing has been postponed to next week Monday.