Vic Mensa Double Down On XXXTentacion Diss At BET Hip Hop Awards

XXXTentacion and Vic Mensa

Vic Mensa has double down on dissing XXXTentacion at last weekend’s 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards.

Vic Mensa grabbed hip-hop headlines at the top of this weekend for dissing slain rapper XXXTentacion while his mother was in the audience at the taping of the 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards in Miami. X fans came out swinging, but the Chicago rapper is holding firm to his beliefs. In a new video clip posted on his Instagram page, Vic Mensa makes it clear that he does not support rappers who abused women.

“Recently I did a freestyle for the BET Awards cypher, addressing and condemning rappers who unabashedly abuse women and those who stand up for them and even call them legends,” Vic said. The Chicago rapper added that the Cypher was pre-recorded weeks ago and he didn’t know that XXXTentacion’s mom would be in the audience on Saturday night.

“I had no idea a grieving mother would be in the audience to honor her lost son,” he added. “I never intended to disrespect her, and I offer my deepest condolences for her loss at the hands of gun violence.”

Nevertheless, Vic Mensa says he stands by his diss and will not support or condone any of his rap peers that abuse women. “I vehemently reject the trend in hip-hop of championing abusers, and I will not hold my tongue about it,” Mensa said before adding that he is not seeking attention and is only speaking out to bring awareness so that folks can be held accountable.

Vic Mensa previously spoke about his own domestic abuse past where he allegedly choked his girlfriend. He talked about the incident during an interview on The Breakfast Club in 2016 saying that it is not something that he is proud of and has since learned from his past mistakes.

XXXTentacion was never convicted of a crime since he was awaiting trial at the time of his murder in June 2018. The DA has since absolved him of all the charges against him.

Comments.