Drake and Future just drop their highly anticipated joint mixtape “What A Time To Be Alive.”
The project has been a hot topic in hip-hop circles for a few weeks now, but on Sunday evening The 6 God and the Atlanta rapper suddenly released the 11-track album during a episode of OVO Sound Radio on Beats 1.
Future and Drake even tweeted about the project.
— FUTURE/FREEBANDZ (@1future) September 20, 2015
OVO SOUND RADIO @ 6PM EST TODAY! 6TH EPISODE. MAWD TINGS. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.
— Drizzy (@Drake) September 20, 2015
Drake even spoke candidly about working on the album with Future and shared some high praised for the rapper work ethics.
“I went to Atlanta for six days a couple weeks ago with the hopes of doing some songs with Future, and when you get around Future, it’s like a vortex, that guy can outwork anybody right now,” Drizzy said. “It’s tough to see someone do four, five songs in one night and not try to match it.”
Among the production credits includes Boi-1da, Noah “40” Shebib, Southside, with Drizzy crediting Metro Boomin for doing the bulk of the producing work.
On Saturday the Toronto rapper posted a photo of the diamond encrusted artwork on his Instagram page stating that the project will be available on Sunday at 8pm EST.
See What A Time To Be Alive tracklisting:
1. “Digital Dash” prod. by Metro Boomin and Southside
2. “Big Rings” prod. by Metro Boomin
3. “Live from the Gutter” prod. by Boi-1da and Metro Boomin
4. “Diamonds Dancing” prod. by Metro Boomin, Allen Ritter, and Frank Dukes
5. “Scholarships” prod. by Metro Boomin
6. “Plastic Bag” prod. by Neenyo
7. “I’m the Plug” prod. by Southside
8. “Change Locations” prod. by Noël
9. “Jumpman” prod. by Metro Boomin
10. “Jersey” prod. by Metro Boomin and Southside
11. “30 for 30 Freestyle” prod. by Noah “40” Shebib
DL the album What A Time To Be Alive on Apple Music here.
The album cost $9.99 while the songs cost $1.29 each.