Demi Lovato was found in her bed unconscious by her assistant who panicked and called 911.
Demi Lovato is currently recovering from a drug overdose and is reportedly in stable condition as she gets treatment at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. TMZ reported that the pop star partied all night on Monday on the Sunset Strip as she celebrates one of her backup dancers birthdays. Early Tuesday morning, she invited her friends back to her place after partying hard.
It appears she was doing drugs the whole time while she was partying. It seems all was well when she went to sleep in her bed and that’s when she became unconscious. Her assistant found her unresponsive in her bed at around 11 AM on Tuesday and called 911.
Demi was still unconscious when paramedics arrived at her home and that’s when someone at her house told them that she was partying all night and they determined then that they are dealing with a possible drug overdose. She was administered Narcan, a well-known antidote for opioid overdose, and that might’ve been what saved her life.
Sources say her team has been trying to mount an intervention for weeks, but she refused them everytime they tried.