Buju Banton’s son Markus Myrie has filed a police report amidst an altercation between the two.
On Thursday night, Buju Banton became headline news for not a good reason. The Grammy-winning singer’s son, Markus Myrie, who is a music producer, launched into a tirade on Instagram calling his famous father a “coke head.” In a lengthy rant, he threatened to press charges against the reggae star while expressing that the two have been having problems since he returned home from prison in December last year.
Urban Islandz has confirmed with police sources that Myrie filed a report claiming that he was assaulted on Thursday. The police communications unit also confirmed that a report was filed against Buju Banton, but declined to give further details on the nature of the report.
We’re told that cops have launched an investigation and will be speaking with Buju Banton and any other witnesses before determining if any charges will be filed. The report was filed on Friday afternoon at the Constant Spring Police Station. Deputy Superintend of police Dahlia Garrick, who is in charge of the CCU, says a statement will be released shortly.
In his rant on social media, Markus Myrie says he wants his father to go back to prison. “This man needs to go back to prison and dead in deh [Donald Trump] Y pree? come for [Buju Banton],” he wrote.
Buju Banton has remained tight-lipped about the drama. The Gargamel will be at Mas Camp tonight for his welcome home party and tomorrow night he will perform live for the first time since leaving prison as his “Long Walk To Freedom Tour” kicks off at the National Stadium. Banton will head overseas next week as his tour continues across the Caribbean before he heads to Europe in the summer for a bunch of shows.