Embattled reggae star Buju Banton is still behind bars as the artist is unable to take up his bail offer.
Buju lawyer said they are unable to meet all the vigorous requirements laid out by Magistrate Judge Anthony Porcelli last week Thursday.
Banton whose real name is Mark Myrie was granted bail at the Sam M Gibbons Federal Court in Tampa Florida in the sum of $250,000.
As part of Banton’s bail condition, he will have to wear a monitoring device and will be subject to house arrest and 24 hour security, to be paid for by the defence.
Banton lawyer told Jamaican journalists that he should be out soon despite the difficulties meeting the requirements.
“Buju is hanging in there. He is very thankful for all of the support and friendship. Hopefully he will be out soon,” Markus told the Observer. After clearing this hurdle of satisfying the bail conditions, Banton’s legal team will have to seek bond in the immigration court to prevent his deportation to Jamaica. Banton’s entertainment visa was revoked following his arrest.” (Jamaica Observer)
Gargamel new trial is set to begin in December after his first trial ended in a mistrial last month.