Veteran dancehall entertainer Desmond Ballentine, more popularly know as Ninja Man, is back in the studio just days after his release from jail last Friday.
In a short interview outside the jail, Ninja Man said he will be addressing many things, including crime and politics.
“First thing mi ago do right now is mi ago look fi mi kids dem a crep town and then mi ago sort out mi thing them, then mi ago get to whatever mi need fi get to after the three years mi no inna di country. All the unnecessary killings, the police dem, all the crime and violence… all these things mi ago get to like yesterday,” Ninja Man said in Jamaican patois.
Sources inside Ninja Man’s camp also told Urban Islandz that the deejay is back in the studio working on two new singles.
“After three years in jail, the fans are expecting something new, so we are working on that,” the source said.
According to the source, one of the single will address his legal troubles and several rumors while he was behind bars.
Ninja Man and his son, Janiel Ballentine, received a JM$2 million bail last week, after spending three years behind bars on a murder charge.
Both men were arrested in March of 2009 and charged with murder, conspiracy to murder, shooting with intent and illegal possession of a firearm in connection to the shooting death of 20-year-old Ricardo ‘Ricky Trooper’ Johnson.
According to police report, Johnson was sweeping his yard in the company of a friend at Mall Road, St Andrew, when a motor car with three men aboard drove up. An argument developed between Johnson’s friend and the younger Ballentine, who left but later returned with guns blazing. Johnson was killed in the incident.